Welcome back to The Salad Bar. Our community of food bloggers providing you with salad recipes. This month Wendy from The Weekend Gourmet has chosen Asian-Inspired Salads for all of us to share with our readers.
I have a passion for Asian-Inspired dishes. I have made plenty of incredible salads too. I was stumped as to what I could create that I hadn’t created already. I had a few test recipes that I wasn’t happy with, but ended up with this Mango and Shrimp Salad.
- SALAD INGREDIENTS
- 1 lb large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 mango, cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 carrot, julienned
- ½ bunch cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 3 scallions, cut into thin strips
- salt and pepper to taste
- SALAD DRESSING INGREDIENTS
- ⅛ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 shallot, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon tahini or peanut butter
- ½ tablespoon sesame seeds
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- In a shallow bowl combine all the dressing ingredients and whisk. Set aside
- Place shrimp in a the bowl and coat them with ½ of the Sesame Salad Dressing and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a bowl combine mango, pepper strips, cilantro, carrots and scallions; add dressing and gently toss.
- In a saute pan sprayed with non stick spray, arrange shrimp and cook about 5 to 7 minutes, turning once during cooking process. (Cooking time may vary depending upon size of shrimp.)
- Shrimp should curl and no longer look translucent.
- Top grilled shrimp on the mango pepper salad.
The homemade salad dressing doubles as the marinade for this recipe.
The fresh veggies make this a crispy salad with the warm shrimp on top just works so well together.
Now stick around and check out all the other “Asian-Inspired” salads everyone came up with.