Do you love to date? Nope, not that kind of date, but the kind you eat.
If so, you’ll absolutely love these date bites — I do! These delicious Date Bites were originally known as Matrimonial Bars. Sometime in history, they became known as date bars or bites if you cut them as small as I do. 🙂
- 1 cup dried pitted dates, finely chopped with an oiled knife
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Powdered (confectioners’) sugar (less than 1/2 cup)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine dates, walnuts, flour, baking powder, sugar, and eggs. Spread mixture onto bottom of baking pan that has been sprayed with non stick spray
- Bake 35 minutes; remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Cut into bites sized pieces.
- Toss warm squares, a few at a time, in the powdered sugar. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with more powdered sugar just before serving.
I could literally eat the whole batch. Well maybe not the whole batch. Well maybe just not in one day.
I bet these would be great to have around the holidays too.
Well any day of the week is a great time to have these Date Bites. Right?
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.