I don’t have an explanation for my new obsession with ginger, but it is what it is. From Ginger Chicken, to Ginger Lemon Bars and now a Quick Ginger Marmalade.
Are you ready? I say that because back in June, I attempted a honey vanilla marmalade that actually never set properly.
So I have to tell you, I was worried. I stated making this and it all came back to me about my last batch never really setting.
My brain was telling me that this was going to be a big mistake and a waste of time.
But as you can see from the photos. I was successful.
- 3 Oranges
- the zest from all three oranges
- 3 Tablespoons ground ginger
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- After you zest the oranges, peel and segment them and remove the pith.
- Place in a blender or food processor and pulse until almost completely juiced.
- In a medium pot add the sugar, water, ginger and juiced oranges.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat let cool.
- If you are making more and want a longer shelf life then you will need to follow the proper procedure for canning. But if you plan on consuming the marmalade in less than three weeks time it’s not necessary.
It’s easy to make and so delicious on toast. But the addition of the ginger.I truly died and went to ginger heaven here. I love that bite you get from the ginger and the extreme sweetness from the oranges. (okay, the secret is I ended up using honey tangerines that I found at the local market). So try clementines, oranges, tangerines, mandarins, it doesn’t matter. Just make sure you add the ginger. Oh yea! Oh Heck yea!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.