Life is but a celebration! Every day. It doesn’t get any simpler than that. We make our lives to be what we want. Sometimes we are thrown curve balls. Some of us can handle those curve balls better than any pro baseball player out there, past or present.
Remember, it’s not about winning, but how you play the game. My home is filled with love and has had many ups and downs. Of late, it has become a revolving door. One kids leaves and another comes back.This time it’s my baby girl who is setting out on her next journey. She is moving to San Francisco. She will be continuing with her education and living with my aging parents.
I love her sense of adventure, willingness and her zest for life.
So in celebration of this next adventure I prepared an incredible dinner. Angel Hair Pasta with Pinot Grigio and Shrimp.
- 8 ounces Angel Hair pasta
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup chopped cherry or grape tomatoes
- 6 ounces Pinot Grigio (or other white wine)
- 10 ounces shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- handful arugula or spinach
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the pasta and cook according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Add the shallots and the garlic and cook for 3 minutes, until tender but not brown. Add the wine and shrimp. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the shrimp are pink about 7 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook for another minute.
- Drain the cooked pasta for the pot.
- Add the cooked pasta to the seafood mixture. Add the salt and pepper and stir to combine. Add the arugula. Stir gently and place on a serving platter. Serve immediately.
Although it’s sad to see them leave the nest, it’s exciting to watch your children bloom.
So celebrate with us and enjoy a fantastic meal with your loved ones.
We all had a great time breaking bread at the table and exchanging laughs and fun conversations.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.