Today is a celebration for me. Well, an extra special celebration since everyday is a celebration for me.
Seven years ago today, I married my best friend. The man who taught me patience. The one who brings a smile to my face every day. The man who has been my rock from the day I met him. The “ambassador” as he is referred to in his office. My daughters dubbed him “Supreme”. He has a way of making every situation have a positive outcome.
I learned about knowing what it is to have a passion about a hobby. His being baseball stats, and baseball cards. I know more about Hank Aaron, Willie Mays, and Jim Rice just to name a few than I ever thought I would in my lifetime.
I wanted to make something special using champagne because we both love champagne. So I created this Champagne Loaf with Dark Chocolate using World Market Chocolate made with Strawberries and Champagne.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup steel-cut oats, ground into flour
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 Tablespoons warm honey
- 12 oz. champagne
- 3 Tablespoons butter melted
- 1.2 ounces Strawberries & Champagne dark chocolate, chopped (three squares)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Using a wooden spoon stir the honey and champagne into the dry ingredients being careful not to over mix.
- Fold in the chopped chocolate.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of the melted butter into the bread pan. Spoon batter over the butter. Pour remaining two tablespoons of butter over the batter.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the top is golden and a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.
All wrapped in an elegant black bow.
It definitely was well worth the 6 PP per slice. What a fun way to use champagne. For those that prefer non alcoholic try using sparkling cider.
Happy Anniversary to us!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.
MarleneBring your favorite chocolate dessert to Roxana’s home baking #chocolateparty and win amazing prizes from OXO, Calphalon, Keurig, Imperial Sugar, Honey Ridge Farmsand Land O Lakes® Butter