World Market has got to be one of my all time favorite places to shop. I can peruse the International Food Isles for ideas and then go the kitchenware section and pick out new plates, or bowls or whatever strikes my fancy.
Now I am a bona fide chocoholic. I try to keep away from that part of the store, but sometimes I am magically drawn over to that area. I started towards the chocolate bars and noticed all the different flavored chocolates. That’s when I spotted the Blood Orange Chocolate. Now to use it in a recipe before I eat the entire bar.
Today, I present to you my Honey Banana Bread with Blood Orange Chocolate.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup low sugar orange marmalade (I used Smucker’s)
- 2/3 cup honey
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1.5 ounces blood Orange Chocolate (chopped)
- Pre Heat oven to 350°F.
- Coat a 9 in x 5 in pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Mix together flour, soda, salt cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl mash bananas.
- Add marmalade, honey, eggs, and vanilla.
- Form a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add liquid mixture.
- Stir only until combined.
- Do not over work.
- Fold in the chopped chocolate into the dough.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan and place in the oven for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool 5 minutes in the pan before turning out onto a cooling rack.
- Allow the bread to completely cool to develop.
- Place loaf in a plastic bag or wrap with plastic wrap.
Did you notice the addition of the marmalade? I experimented with the marmalade to enhance the orange flavor of the blood orange chocolate.
OH EM GEE! I went to foodie heaven. Honey banana bread that is moist and delicious. It’s chocolaty, with a hint of banana and a hint of marmalade too. I would say SUCCESS!
I am grinning ear to ear right now at how incredible this bread came out.
Don’t be afraid to try out new things in your kitchen.
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day.