If you don’t already read Farm Fresh Feasts by Kirsten, you really should. She is a genius. Plain and simple.
I stole this idea from her. Kirsten had the brilliant idea to use par baked bread for her french bread pizza.
Her memories or Stauffer’s Pizza is reminiscent of exactly why I didn’t care for French Bread Pizza. The bread is already cooked and then baked again to make the pizza. This causes the crust to be extra crispy. As a matter of fact it is definitely to crispy for my taste.
But once you taste her Ciabatta Bread Pizza, you may never want pizza made any other way again. PERIOD.
- Par baked Ciabatta Bread, sliced in half lengthwise (I use Trader Joe’s Mini Ciabatta Bread)
- My homemade Heirloom Tomato Sauce
- 1/8 cup Grated Cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese
- garlic powder, or oregano
- your favorite veggies (I used mushrooms for mine) (pepperoni for the hubby)
- Pre heat the oven to 425 degrees along with your pizza stone
- assemble your pizza
- Bake according to the bread package Mine was 12 to 15 minutes
- Remove from oven.
- Cut each in half and serve
Kirsten is absolutely right. This pizza is fun to make and even better to eat.
Just look at the pizza crust. Soft in the center and crispy on the edges. The perfect combo.
And pepperoni for the baby of the house. 🙂
Thanks for stopping by, now go check out Kirsten’s page and start cooking.