I want you all to try the berry-licious drink I created. Trust me on this one. The combination of the berries and the lime juice, similar to the Mexican version of Agua fresca, is so refreshingly exquisite.
I am not taking this over the top. It literally will be the go-to drink for the summer. Prepare a batch and serve it to your guests.
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup ice
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or sweetener of your choice)
- Puree the strawberries and blueberries in a blender.
- Place in a fine mesh sieve over a bowl, and strain juice into bowl; discard seeds and pulp.
- Rinse blender, pour in the puree and blend with 1 cup ice, 1 cup water, lime juice, and sugar.
- Serve over ice, and garnish with mint.
Now that mine is all gone, I should have added some fresh berries to top the drink with.
Oh well, maybe next time.
Simple and refreshing.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.