Berries are in season and I have an abundance of berries. I shared my Triple berry parfait with you the other day and I truly enjoyed changing up my morning yogurt ritual. I really loved the way I savored the flavor. I took my time enjoying that breakfast treat.
For a great dessert try these Individual Berry Crumbles. Remember the key to portion control is making individual portions. It’s already been measured and you know exactly how much you are consuming. We are know that scooping it out onto our plate we tend to take more than one serving. When something is irresistible, this is the way to do it.
You will be less likely to take seconds.. Or better yet, just make enough for two or four people then you won’t have to worry about it. You can go as far as labeling them with family member names so you won’t be tempted to grab that last one that no ones has claims yet.
- 4 1-cup sized ramekins (adjust recipe for smaller or larger sizes)
- 1 1.9 lb. berries (blackberries, raspberries and cut strawberries)
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. whole rolled oats, ground in a blender
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons butter, cut into about 12 small cubes
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- a sprinkle of white sugar for the berries
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine berries with a sprinkle of white sugar.
- Add 1 tablespoon ground oats and lemon juice in large bowl; toss to blend well.
- Mix in the berries
- Transfer berry mixture to two oven-safe bowls or ramekin dishes, at least 8-ounce capacity.
- Combine remaining oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt in medium bowl. Add butter; rub in with fingertips until topping holds together in small moist clumps. Sprinkle over berry mixture.
- Bake crisps until berry mixture bubbles thickly and topping is golden brown, about 20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Okay so a lesson learned as if I didn’t already know this. Check Points Plus Values for a recipe FIRST. I used 8 ounce ramekins and I should have used smaller ones. Just for the sake of PP for those of you who are counting.
But, they were out of this world! Oh and yes, I ate the whole 8 ounce ramekin all 8 PP.
I can’t wait to share more healthy berry recipes with all of you.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.