When I see something I like across the room, I make a bee line right for it. Even if it’s in a dream that I conjured up in my mind. I see visions of something special.
Sometimes, I notice that my mind will drift into a sugar coma. I visualize the treat melting in my mouth as it dissipates on my tongue. I want to savor the moment to last a long long time.
Here is what happened. I opened the pantry in search of a little something to eat. That’s when I spotted the canister of Hershey’s Special Dark unsweetened cocoa.
Special Dark Crinkle Cookies are born
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup almond meal
- 1¼ cups powdered sugar, divided
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 ounce 70% Chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso granules
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
- 2 large egg whites
- Lightly spoon flour and almond meal into dry measuring cup; level with a knife.
- Combine flour, ¾ cup powdered sugar, cocoa, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk.
- Combine butter, oil and chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat; cook until chocolate melts, stirring constantly.
- Add espresso granules to pan; stir until blended.
- Remove from heat. Pour chocolate mixture into a large bowl; cool 5 minutes.
- Stir in brown sugar, honey, and vanilla.
- Add egg whites, stirring with a whisk.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture, stirring gently just until combined.
- Cover; chill at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls.
- Dredge balls in remaining ½ cup powdered sugar; place balls 2 inches apart on 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until tops are cracked and almost set.
- Cool cookies on pan 2 minutes or until set; remove from pan.
- Cool cookies on a wire rack.
These are melt-on-your-mouth goodness. Heavenly!
More, more, more! My stomach wants more! My minds says, share, share, share.
I took these to my office to share with my new co-workers. I figured that I would win them over through their stomach.
I think a was successful. I think they will expect goodies all the time now. Oh no, what kind of mess did I get myself into now?
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.
Bring your favorite chocolate dessert to Roxana’s home baking #chocolateparty and win amazing prizes from OXO, Calphalon, Keurig, Imperial Sugar, Honey Ridge Farmsand Land O Lakes® Butter