Happy Monday everyone. I hope that your Mother’s Day celebration was just what you wanted it to be. I enjoy a simple day of being gathered with my family.
I have often said that simple can go a long way. Simple ingredients sometimes are key to making something taste oh-so-delicious. The lemon that is used to make this Crispy Roasted Baby Bok Choy is the key ingredient.
This bok choy was just another great side dish that we shared when I made the grilled tri-tip and the Cilantro Lime Grilled Corn on the cob.
It’s a great change from spinach and it tasted so delicious roasted.
- 4 heads baby bok choy
- 4 teaspoons grapeseed oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon mirin, (a Japanese rice wine)
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Toss bok choy, oil, garlic and salt in a roasting pan.
- Roast on lowest rack, stirring twice, until wilted and tender-crisp, about 6 minutes. Whisk lemon zest and juice, thyme, mirin and pepper in a small bowl.
- Drizzle over the roasted bok choy.
Don’t you just love the beautiful green leaves on my baby bok choy?
The next batch of baby bok choy I will use the grill.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.