Hello all my little tater tots. I hope your weekend is treating you well.
I had a few lonely baby potatoes that needed my attention. My Crispy Smashed Potato Recipe made a great side dish with the grilled Tri-tip. You know it’s grilling season already.
- 12 baby new potatoes
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- coarse sea salt
- garlic powder
- In a pot, boil the potatoes on a low rolling boil for about 30 minutes. Test with a fork to make sure it’s tender, but not fully cooked.
- Remove each potato with a slotted spoon onto a stack of paper towels.
- With another stack of paper towels on top, smash the potatoes to about 1/2 inch.
- Place on a baking dish that is covered with aluminum foil.
- Sprinkle with salt and garlic powder.
- Suing a pastry brush, paint each of them with the oil.
- Baked in the oven at 450 degrees for about 40 minutes or until crispy.
These Smashed Potatoes were crispy, and, in my opinion, better than fresh fries. Only 1 Tablespoon of oil for the whole batch.
I am a potato freak. We all love potatoes, but a little side of these babies is the perfect amount.
I am talking about serious damn deliciousness in every bite.
Savor the tater.
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by.