Dear Ninja Blender:
I love you so much. You made my life in the kitchen so much easier. Here is just one of the reasons why. I made my very own homemade salsa verde. I look forward to spending many more hours playing with you.
Thanks a million.
I know that it’s so easy to just go out and buy a bottle of green salsa and I have many times before. But I absolutely loved making my own Salsa Verde.
- 5 to 6 peeled tomatillos
- 1 avocado, peeled, seed removed and halved
- 1/2 cup purple onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 jalepeno pepper, seeded and cut up
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- In a food processor, or super duper blender, like my Ninja, combine the tomatillos, avocado, onion, cilantro, and jalepeno pepper.
- Cover a pulse several times until all the ingredients are finely chopped.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Stir in the water, lime juice, sugar and salt.
- cover and chills for at least 2 hours.
I cannot begin to tell you how delicious the salsa turned out.
This is just the beginning of so many more delicious Mexican recipes. Mexico is rich in gastronomical heritage and is more diverse than what we see in a typical popular restaurant in the USA.
I have visited a few of the regions in Mexico. In the Northern Region, I have been to Cabo San Lucas, and Mazatlan. In the Western Region, I have been to Puerto Vallarta.
I traveled through the southern Region via Mexico City and have visited the Yucatan Peninsula regions of Cancun, and Cozamel.
My two favorite places are Cabo San Lucas and Cancun. If you have ever been to Mexico, what was your favorite region?
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day. (tener un gran día)