Asian cuisine is probably one of my most favorite. I saw a recipe for Asian meatballs and decided to jazz it up to give them a more authentic flavor.
Here is my spin: Teriyaki Glazed Meatballs
- 16 ounces 93/7 ground beef
- 1/2 finely chopped Bok Choy
- 2 Tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1/4 cup panko
- 1/4 cup finely diced red pepper
- 1/4 cup Egg beaters
- 1 teaspoon fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons Low-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 cup Teriyaki Sauce for the glaze
- Pre heat oven to 375
- In a large bowl, combine the Bok choy, onion flakes, panko, diced peppers, egg beaters, ginger, garlic powder and soy sauce.
- Carefully fold in the ground beef
- form into meatballs
- In a muffin tin
- , Fill each cup with 1/2 Tablespoons Teriyaki sauce.
- Add the meatballs and rotate them to get the sauce all over the meatballs.
So with a little inspiration, I made an absolutely delicious appetizer that everyone will love. Or if you want this as a main dish, you can serve them over steamed rice.
The use of bok choy instead of spinach gives it a true Asian-inspired taste.
Until next time folks.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great day.