Right now my ridiculous obsession is oats. I made the baked oatmeal the other day, which, by the way, is excellent and nutritious. But I wanted to try something a little bit more like a snack and still stay as nutritious as possible.
Why not try to make granola bars. These Cinnamon and Chocolate Chip Granola Squares are chewy and a bit crunchy at the same time.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup egg beaters
- 6 ounces Chobani Honey flavored Greek Yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Generously spray a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with non stick spray
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, brown sugar, wheat germ, cinnamon, flour, chocolate chips and salt.
- Make a well in the center, and pour in the honey, egg beaters, yogurt and vanilla bean paste.
- Mix well using your hands.
- Pat the mixture evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 18 minutes in the preheated oven, until the bars begin to turn golden at the edges.
- Cool for 5 minutes, then cut into bars while still warm.
- Do not allow the bars to cool completely before cutting, or they will be too hard to cut.
Now I don’t like chocolate chips in my oatmeal. Well actually, I don’t like oatmeal in my chocolate chips.
But this, I liked. Yes, I did. Even better than the baked oatmeal.
What I really want is just an old-fashioned oatmeal cookie. Does anyone have one for me?
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.