I tried folks, I really tried to like oatmeal. I made several different ones i the last week and I discarded quite a bit of food because of this. So I decided to bake my oatmeal instead to see if I liked it any better.
I made Baked Cinnamon Oatmeal for dinner last night.
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 teaspoon. salt
- 2 Tbsp chopped California walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 3/4 cup Eggs Beaters
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/8 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Spray an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with non stick spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl filled with hot water, allow dried cherries to soak for about 5 minutes until nice and plump., drain.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, baking powder and salt. Stir in chopped walnuts and dried cherries, then set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together egg beaters, milk, brown sugar,honey, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Pour over dry mixture and gently stir to combine.
- Pour everything into pan and bake for about 45 minutes, or until golden brown.
The consensus is that I liked it baked a thousand times better than on the stove.
It’s a good start of the day, quick grab and go breakfast. Especially if you are running late or don’t make the time to have a healthy breakfast in the morning.
So go out and get your oatmeal going. I have many other oatmeal treats to test out. In the mean time, What I would like to know is:
What would you add to your baked oatmeal?
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.