I am on one of those quick and easy cooking stages. I go from having lots of time to play in the kitchen, to just enough time to make something edible for the family, yet, appetizing enough to blog about. Today, my simple, and I mean simple, Orange Cilantro Chicken Tenders is exactly what I am referring to.
In less than 20 minutes time, I created an edible and blog worthy chicken dinner.
- 16 ounces chicken breast tenders
- 1 teaspoon crushed coriander seeds
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spray a nonstick pan with cooking spray.
- Over medium-high heat, saute chicken breasts with coriander seed until browned, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Deglaze pan with orange juice.
- Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and liquid is reduced.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Top with chopped cilantro
- I served mine with wilted spinach
I quickly scan the pantry and fridge and pick out a few items and BAM! Chicken dinner is served.
I try to be resourceful and utilize what I have so I don’t waste it.
So, nothing special here, just what I have on hand. If you don’t like cilantro, you can use, chives, or Italian or flat leaf parsley and it will be just fine. You just can’t call it Cilantro Chicken if you don’t use cilantro.Oh-kay!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!