I can’t stop thinking about how much I loved my Homemade Chocolate Syrup. It was on my mind the other day, that I thought I would experiment with making a Malted Vanilla Sauce.
It turned out pretty darn good. but it was thick like the chocolate syrup was. I took a teeny tiny taste and loved the way the malted powder took on a caramel flavor.
So I then decided to make a Hot Malted Vanilla Milk
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sauce (recipe below)
- dash of cinnamon or nutmeg
- in a small sauce pan heat up the milk until almost steaming. Do not boil.
- Add the vanilla sauce and stir.
- Top with cinnamon or nutmeg
- ½ cup Carnation brand Malted milk powder
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¾ cup water
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan over medium high heat, combine the malted milk power, sugar and water.
- Heat until it boils, lower the heat and continue to boil for about 3 minutes, add the vanilla extract and remove from heat.
- Cool, and bottle in an airtight container and refrigerate.
- Makes about 1 cup
My next experiment is to add the Malted Vanilla Syrup to my oatmeal. I want to know what you would use the malted vanilla syrup for?
Happy Sunday! Have a great day and thanks for stopping by.