My inspiration for making Sweet and Spicy Pepper Relish stemmed from the incredible canning class that I went to recently.
This recipe is a no fuss, stove-top recipe. If you want to go through the canning process and jar the recipe for a longer shelf life you certainly can do that. Especially if you like to have those extra jars on hand. Or if you want to give them away to your friends and family.
But, if you are like me, I jarred them and refrigerated my batch. It make 1 1/2 cups of relish. I am sure it can last a couple of weeks in the fridge.
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 orange pepper, diced
- 1 large jalepeno pepper, seeds removed, and diced
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup raw sugar
- in a small saucepan, combine all the ingredients.
- Cook on medium high until it boils, then reduce the heat to medium low until it reduces by about half.
- remove from heat and store in an airtight container. When is cools down completely, refrigerate.
I made myself a Horseradish Cheddar Grilled Cheese Sandwich and added the Sweet and Spicy Relish as a topping. Yum-o!