Breakfast the important meal of the day! Unless, of course, you weigh yourself down with heavy pancakes or waffles, with lots of butter and syrup. Pancakes have always been one of my favorites, but I hated that feeling I got after consuming them. It made me tired. They definitely did not provide me with the energy you expect to get when you start your day with breakfast.
In comes the Buttermilk Cinnamon Pancake. I had a container of Saco Cultured Buttermilk Blend. It’s a dry blend. There was a buttermilk pancake recipe on the container, so I modified it to make it “healthier”.
I made ten 3 inch round pancakes. I will tell you they will be thin. The best part about a thin pancake is it won’t make you feel as bloated as a regular batch of pancakes will. However many you end up with 1/2 of the batch will be 3 PP.
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons Saco Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1/2 Tablespoons Splenda Sugar blend
- 1/8 cup Eggbeaters
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine all the ingredients but done over beat.
- In a frying pan that has been sprayed with non stick spray, pour 3 in rounds of batter into the pan.
- When they start to bubble, flip them over and continue to cook for about 1 to 2 minutes.
How would you dress up your pancakes? Give me some ideas.
Thanks for stopping by.