Ever wonder what to do with left over rice and chicken? Well look no further. I created this Chicken Pocket Sandwich using left overs.
I shared my Grilled Pastrami and Swiss Sandwich with you the other day. I used angel Hair cole slaw in that recipe and I used it to make this Asian-Inspired Chicken Sandwich.
Sometimes I get bored with trying to come up with ideas for leftovers. I also get bored with a traditional sandwich.
If you have any great sandwich ideas, let me know.
- 2 ounces left over chicken breast, shredded
- 1 tablespoon shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon angel hair cole slaw
- 1 teaspoon black bean garlic sauce
- 1 whole pita pocket split
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons left over white rice
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- In a small bowl combine the cole slaw, shredded carrot and the rice wine vinegar, set aside.
- In another bowl combing the shredded chicken, rice and the chopped chives
- Open the pita pocket and spread ½ teaspoon of the black bean sauce inside the pocket.
- Add the chicken, rice and chive mixture and top with the carrot slaw mixture
This is just the perfect sandwich to make with leftovers and it doesn’t feel like you are eating the same old same old. I especially liked having the rice inside this sandwich. I admit I was worried I wouldn’t like it, but luckily for you I did!
Have a great weekend. Thanks for stopping by.