Guess what? I get to make some of the best dishes ever. E V E R. Especially when I know the hubby won’t be around to eat. He is a basic eater so I get to make things that I know he won’t even consider trying. Like this incredible Hot and Sour Soup. I will tell you that I am one person who just can’t stomach tofu. That means that no tofu was harmed in the making of this dish. Instead I added some shrimp. But if you are a tofu lover, trade the shrimp in this recipe for tofu and adjust your PP as necessary.
It was hot and spicy. ” And so tasty too. Veta-vita-vegimin! Ha. Do you remember that episode from I love Lucy? It’s one of my favorite episodes. I could watch reruns of I Love Lucy for days.
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup baby crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 12 frozen medium-sized shrimp. thawed and peeled
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/8 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons hot chili oil
- 2 or 3 green onions, chopped
- bean sprouts
- bunch cilantro
- shaved ginger
- In a stock pot on medium high heat add the vegetable broth, mushrooms, green onions, soy sauce rice wine vinegar and the hot chili oil.
- Bring to a boil then simmer on medium for 30 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and simmer for another 3 to 5 minutes, or until the shrimp turn pink.
- Pour into soup bows and serve with bean sprouts and cilantro and shaved ginger
3 PP per serving
Me and my baby girl loved this soup. With 2 teaspoons of hot chili oil it was spicier than I wanted. We just added more soy sauce.
What types of dishes do you like to make when you only have to cook for yourself?
I could easily make a long list of what to make when the hubby is away.
Have a great day!
“Some things have to be believed to be seen.”