I don’t know about you, but I have been so cold lately. At night I am wrapped up in my blanket, sitting cozily on my side of the couch, with the pooch right next to me. On the side table is usually a cup of hot tea. Today I am relaxing in the house, by myself so I decided to make a hot buttered rum. Minus the rum. But go ahead add 1 ounce of rum to this concoction but remember to add 2 PP.
- 8 ounces hot apple cider
- ½ Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon butter
- ½ teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 star anise
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- lemon peel cut into strips
- Combine cider and brown sugar in a large saucepan.
- Combine cinnamon, star anise, cloves, and lemon peel to the cider mixture.
- Bring to boiling over medium-high heat; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Using a mesh strainer, pour the mixture through the strainer and into your mug
- Top with 1 teaspoon butter and serve with a cinnamon stick stirrer, if desired.
By the way, speaking of concoctions, my health nut friend Deb, told me about the advantages of combining honey and cinnamon. I wanted to share a recipe concoction that is supposed to assist in your endeavor to lose weight.
It turns out that while honey and cinnamon together or separately have many benefits, but not all those claimed on many websites. Be careful of what you read and if it sounds too good to be true, you can always go to Snopes.com and research it.