When I was a little girl growing up, my mom would make stuffed peppers. We all absolutely loved them. I am going to tell you what me, my sister and brother would do. Mom didn’t like this at all. As a matter of fact, she threatened us with never making it again. Well, we would eat the stuffing but we didn’t like eating that pepper. Mom said that she would make the stuffing for us without the pepper. But no, we wanted it in the pepper so we could scoop it out.
But, payback is a you know what. My kids used to do the same thing to me. They loved the stuffing, but didn’t want to eat the pepper. With that said, how about a stuffed red pepper soup instead.
- 16 ounces 93/7 ground beef
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large red pepper, diced
- 14 ounces tomato puree
- 8 ounces chicken or vegetable broth
- 8 ounces V-8 juice
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot,or dutch oven,on medium-high heat, brown the beef About 5 or 6 minutes
- Add the diced red pepper, garlic and shallots. Simmer 2 to 3 minutes
- Add the broth and tomato puree.Stir and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add in rice and salt & pepper (to taste).
- Cover and let soup simmer on low-medium heat for about 20 minutes to let all the flavors blend.
- Optional Serve with your favorite reduced fat cheese.
6 PP per serving
Add additional PP for the cheese
Now everyone’s bowl is empty and no more wasted empty peppers.
Thanks for stopping by. have a great day!
More Food For Thought: “Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today, because if you enjoy it today, you can do it again tomorrow.”