This is a followup to yesterday’s post for the Baked Shrimp Tempura. The tempura mix I am using in this recipe is different from the one I used for the shrimp.
If you have never had Peas of Mind, you should give them a try. They are not just for kids. My favorite is the cauliflower fries and I used them for this recipe.
Feel free to use your favorite veggies.
If you don’t use, the cauliflower fries, potatoes, sweet or regular, then the PP value will drop to 4 PP per serving.
- 1 egg plus 2 egg whites
- ⅔ cup Panko Crumbs
- 1 teaspoon chinese Five Spice
- 2 carrots, peeled, cut Into 20 thick matchsticks, and par-boiled
- 20 Asparagus, trimmed
- 20 Peas of Mind Frozen Cauliflower Fries
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour or Wondra
- Preheat oven to 400º F
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a shallow dish, beat egg
- In a medium bowl, combine panko bread crumbs and Five Spice.
- In another bowl add your flour
- Coat the vegetables in flour, shaking to remove any excess flour.
- Dip the vegetables, a few at a time, into the egg then dip into the panko crumb mixture to coat.
- Place the vegetables in a single layer in the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until vegetables are golden brown, gently stirring twice.
- Serve with soy sauce or other Asian sauce of choice for dipping.
So there you have it. Baked Shrimp and veggie tempura. You can switch up the tempura mix and use the batter on the veggies or the panko mix on the shrimp too. If you do, let me know how they turn out. There are so many possibilities with this recipe. Fee free to explore.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!