Yup, another National Food Day recipe. January 7 is National Tempura Day. I love tempura fried fish and veggies too. But, well, I suppose on occasion it’s definitely okay to have. I decided to try baking the shrimp and the veggies using two different methods.
Today, I am going to share the shrimp tempura recipe and tomorrow I will post the recipe for how I made the veggies.
- 24 medium sized raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 Tablespoons Grapeseed Oil (you can use canola too)
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Bisquick
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chinese Five spice
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Spray a baking sheet with non stick spray (like Pam)
- In a small bowl, beat the egg, soy sauce, five spice and oil until combined. Set aside.
- Dredge the shrimp in the egg mixture, then the bisquick mixture. Repeat.
- Place the shrimp on the baking sheet and bake for about 8 minutes.
- Serve with rice and fresh veggies. or Tempura baked veggies.
I have to tell you that I was pleasantly surprised how much the hubby loved these. He especially loved the baked tempura veggies. I promise to post that one tomorrow.
In the mean time I will leave you with some “food for thought”
“The door of opportunity won’t open unless you do some pushing.”
Have a great day!