Toblerone! Do you know what Toblerone is? It happens to be one of the chocolates that the hubby absolutely loves. It Swiss Milk Chocolate with Honey and Almond Nougat.
I decided to take 1/3 of his bar (I hope he doesn’t notice that a mouse stole some of his candy bar. It was left by Santa for him as a stocking stuffer).
- 1/3 cup Organic Whole Grain Pastry Flour (like Arrowhead Mills)
- 2/3 cups unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup Chobani 0% plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Smart Balance Omega Blend Oil
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/3 of a Toblerone Bar, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray the bottom and sides of a loaf pan set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs, yogurt, oil, milk, sugar, and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until everything is moistened (Do not over mix.)
- Fold in the chopped Toblerone.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from loaf pan.
2 PP per slice
My guess is that I won’t need to do a lot of convincing with this recipe. And I suspect anyone you serve this to won’t either. It’s just intriguing enough to want to give it a taste. The addition of the Toblerone instead of chocolate chips adds a special touch from the ordinary to extraordinary.
Have a great day!
PS Look for a Review and Giveaway coming soon. I am reviewing the Hoo-Rag. Two lucky winners will have a chance to win them too. What is a hoo-rag? click on the link above to find out. I will be testing it to see how it stand up to a treadmill run, among other things. Check them out.