Boy oh boy! The first week of the year! Everyone is trying to keep up with their resolutions. That’s why I just set mini goals for myself. Today’s goal was to get on the treadmill. I didn’t make it on the treadmill, but I did take Kona out for a walk. She had not been on a walk with me in over 8 weeks. We only walked the loop around my neighborhood. 9/10 of a mile, but half of it is up hill. So I am proud of myself. I also kept within my PP yesterday and today.
I was inspired to make this grilled citrus chicken from one I saw on Bon Appetit. It was grilled on a BBQ and their chicken was bone-in and skin-on.
Mine was outstanding.
- 1 Tablespoons Grapeseed oil
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper to state
- 16 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 oranges, cut into quarters
- 1 lemons, cut into quarters
- Fresh parsley leaves, for garnish
- combine, the juices, garlic, rosemary and slat and pepper.
- In a ziplock bag add the chicken breasts.
- Pour the juice mix into the bag and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Heat a pan on medium-high heat and 1 Tablespoon grapeseed oil.
- Place the chicken breasts and the orange and lemon into the hot pan and cook until heated through turning over at least once.
- transfer to a platter and sprinkle with parsley.
5 PP per serving
How are your mini goals working for you so far this year? I have a few long-term goals too. Like a certain pair of pants that I am wanting to fit into again. Or the fact that I am attending Fitbloggin in June and want those pants to fit my then. Right now I am not focusing on the 1 or 2 pound losses or gains. I will at some point, but just not right now.
Have a great day!