Thank goodness the holidays are behind us. If you are celebrating New Year’s Eve and want to toast to the New Year with a refreshing non alcoholic beverage, you have got to give this a try. Best part is no one would ever know that it had no alcohol in it.
If you do want a boozey drink, you can substitute the club soda in the recipe with a Prosecco sparkling wine. (Just remember to increase your Points Plus Value for every 4 ounces of Prosecco you add)
- 2/3 cup pure Pom wonderful 100% Pomegranate juice
- 4 Star Anise
- 6 Whole Cloves
- 24 ounces club soda
- fresh pomegranate airils, for garnish
- crushed ice
- In a small saucepan, combine Pom juice, star anise and allspice.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Remove from heat; cover and let steep for 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a heatproof container; cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 3 days, until ready to use.
- Pour chilled Pom syrup into a large pitcher.
- Pour the club soda into the pitcher and stir gently.
- Add crushed ice to your glasses and fill with the mixture and serve immediately.
1 PP per serving
Here’s to a healthy, prosperous and joyous 2013!
PS Don’t make any food related resolutions. One year is a very long time. Stick with short-term goals instead. Best of luck towards your healthy eating goals.
I wanted to share with all of you my interview with Heather from Half Size Me. Now if I can stick to my goals. Click on this link to listen to her interviewing me.
LINKY PARTY – FOODIEFRIENDSFRIDAY