Our Christmas celebrations have come to an end, but not the left overs. I am combining the left over mashed potatoes and roasted carrots to make this creamy roasted carrot soup.
I also made grilled ham and cheese sandwiches for the boys yesterday. For breakfast on Christmas morning I made potato pancakes with the extra mashed potatoes.
The addition of the Chobani and Honey makes this taste so insanely delicious that it’s a must to make extra roasted carrots and mashed potatoes in anticipation of this great soup. By the way, you can still make it with fresh, cut carrots and one small baking potato that are uncooked. The cooking time will take longer for them to soften up.
- 1 pound roasted carrots
- 1 cup leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons minced, peeled ginger
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh chives
- In a dutch oven, combine the salt, ginger, and shallots, with 1 teaspoon Olive oil. Stir in the carrots, potato, and the chicken or vegetable stock.
- Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook until the carrots and potato about 20 to 25 minutes. Keep warm.
- If you want to top it with a dollop of yogurt
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, honey, chives, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Puree the soup with an immersion blender until very smooth (or puree in a regular blender).
- Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper and serve with a dollop of the yogurt mixture.
3 PP per serving
Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy your day!