Where did all the time go? December has just flown by. This is going to be an extremely busy weekend. I am in the process of finalizing my menu for my dinner guests on Christmas Eve.
Here is the menu:
Roasted Turkey Breast
Honey Roasted Carrots
Lemon Pound Cake
Individual Marbled Cheesecakes
There will be a salad and appetizers brought by my sister.
Once I decided that I wanted roasted carrots, I had to make a batch to experiment so I can be assured they taste great for my guests. I made pan roasted carrots in the past, and they are super delicious, but I wanted to try making them in the oven without baby sitting my veggies.
My experiment was a huge success. You will want to prepare your carrots like this ALL THE TIME.
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots, peeled and cut all the same size,(I used Earth Exotics)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- freshly-ground salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the honey and brown sugar. Microwave for about 15 seconds. Just enough to melt the honey.
- Coat the carrots with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Add in the honey mixture until evenly coated
- Spread in an even layer on the baking sheet. Roast for 15 minutes. Remove tray and keep the oven door closed to retain heat. Using tongs, turn the carrots over and return to the oven for another 30 minutes or until they start to carmalize.
2 PP per serving
To get my carrots to look the way they do, I purchased Petites Carottes Epluchees (Peeled Baby Carrots. They come in 8 ounce bags.
Here is the link to Earth Exotics. These carrots are gong to help me make my Christmas be Merry!.
Have a great day!