The hubby and I hosted a dinner party for our friends last weekend. We had herb crusted salmon, creamed spinach, and fingerling potatoes.
I love cooking for friends and it’s always a pleasure chatting and having a great time too.
My downfall, the photos I take when I have company over are never as good as when it’s just me. I don’t have the time to stage the food properly. For this, I apologize, but I want you to know that this recipe for “creamed” spinach is awesome.
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 (10 ounce) packages of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese (I like Philadelphia brand)
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt and fresh ground pepper or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large skillet, add chopped garlic and olive oil.
- Saute until garlic begins to brown.
- Add drained spinach and cream cheese.
- Stir over medium heat until cream cheese is melted.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Top with Parmesan cheese
3 PP per serving
It seems insanely crazy that Christmas is 3 days away. Our family tradition is the extended family celebrates on Christmas Eve. Our immediate family will have a Christmas morning breakfast, with the hubby at the helm, followed by opening presents and lounging around.
Have a great day!