I know what you are thinking. another dessert. I know, I know, but really tis the season after all.
Consider it a splurge. 1 slice is 6 PP.
But, we were having guests this past weekend, which is why I made this cake.
I actually made this recipe years ago. It one of those recipes that appears on the back of the Bisquick box.
The original recipe had coconut as a topping as well, but I chose to omit to suit the taste of the hubby.
It is true to its name. It is so velvety, that when it hits your taste buds, it literally melts.
- 1½ cups Bisquick Reduced Fat baking mix
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoon shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour 8-inch round pan.
- Beat Bisquick mix, granulated sugar, water, shortening, vanilla and egg in large bowl on medium speed for about 4 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Pour into pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean; cool slightly.
- Prepare topping by combining brown sugar, nuts, butter and milk; spread over cake.
- Set oven control to Broil.
- Broil about 3 inches from heat about 3 minutes or until golden brown.
I have to tell you that looks can be deceiving. No one wanted to taste this until I sliced it up and shared a piece. Then before I knew it everyone was asking for a slice. Our guests loved it and asked me when it would be posted onto my blog.
Have a great day!