There was a huge debate over what we were going to serve our guests that we had over for dinner over the weekend. The only thin we agreed on was creamed spinach (recipe coming soon). What he didn’t know was that I was going to make a lighted up version.
The hubby wanted mashed potatoes and I wanted something that was just a bit fancier than run of the mill mashed. Don’t get me wrong, I love mashed potatoes, especially at Thanksgiving. But since this was an intimate dinner for four, I wanted to show off my culinary skills. In the end, I won. 🙂 He also wanted a plain grilled salmon. I opted for the herb crusted salmon instead. I wanted to have an assortment of home-baked cookies and he wanted ice cream sundaes. we both one that one. I did have my assorted cookies out on a platter along with an ever so delicious velvety Crumb cake (recipe coming soon), but I made individual brownies, with a scoop of ice cream and hot fudge drizzled on top.
How could anyone resist the buttery taste of a fingerling potato?
- 2 pounds fingerling potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped, plus more for garnish
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400
- Put the potatoes in a baking dish and coat with the olive oil.
- Squeeze in the lemon juice and sprinkle in the zest.
- Scatter the garlic and chives over the top.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the potatoes to coat and spread them out in an even layer.
- Roast for 1 hour, turning once or twice, until crispy and golden but fork-tender on the inside.
4 PP per serving
It was an I win situation and I love it. We all had a great time. Enjoy your holiday celebrations.
Have a great day!