I am attending a cookie swap at my friend and fellow blogger Shannon’s home. She is a vegan baker and you can find her blog at Killer Bunnies, Inc.
I made these sinfully delicious cookies.
This recipe was found in my Nestles Toll House cookbook, from long ago.
The hubby told me to leave a few of these behind for him. I will just make a special batch just for him.
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 /3 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, (optional) i omitted for this recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Beat butter, sugar, vanilla extract and salt in large mixer bowl until creamy. Gradually beat in flour; stir in morsels and nuts.
- Shape level tablespoons of dough into 1 1/4-inch balls.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are set and lightly browned.
- Remove from oven.
- Sift powdered sugar over hot cookies on baking sheets.
- Cool on baking sheets for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Sprinkle with additional powdered sugar, if desired. Store in airtight containers.
I will be sure to take picture of all the other great cookies at the party, and I can’t promise that I won’t eat them all.
Enjoy your weekend.