One of my favorite veggies is corn. It’s so sweet and delicious. One of the best things about having a passion for cooking, is being able to try something new. I have never had a corn fritter in my life. So when I saw this recipe I knew I had to give it a try. Plus, since the hubby is out of town, its great to try a recipe that I know he wouldn’t try.
Adapted from The Healthy Foodie
I only added 1/4 of a fairly large jalapeno and my mouth is a blaze. But oh so delicious with a dollop of Plan Chobani. The coolness of the Greek yogurt marry well with these mouth-watering spicy fritters. I am sure sour cream would work too.
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- ¼ cup cornmeal
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 egg + 2 egg whites
- ½ cup low fat shredded cheddar jack cheese
- ½ Tablespoon ground chipotle
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 handful fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (about a Tablespoon)
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil, for cooking
- In a bowl combine the eggs, flour, cornmeal, salt, lemon or lime juice and the ground chipotle.
- Once combined, stir in the corn, green onion, parsley, jalapeno pepper and cheese and stir until well incorporated.
- In a large non-stick pan heat the tablespoon of oil over medium heat.
- Once hot, drop the batter one at a time and flatten out to ½? to ¾? thick and shape into a pancake shape.
- cook the fritters for at least 3-4 minutes before checking the underside. Once it’s golden, flip the fritter over. Serve with a dollop of Chobani plain yogurt. And if you dare, a few slices of jalapeno peppers and chopped green onions.
Have a great weekend. I have a cookie exchange on Saturday and dinner guest planned for Sunday.