When it’s the middle of December and you realize how many treats and splurges you have indulged in, it’s time to step away from the dessert trays. That’s when I decided that making a quick lunch with some protein was the right thing to do and I love chicken salads. All kinds. You would be amazed at the variety of salads you can create with chicken.
Here is a revamp of the traditional Waldorf Salad, which usually contains mayo and whipped cream.
If you don’t like pistachio’s just change it for sliced almonds, but make sure the amount equals 1 PP.
- 2 cups butter lettuce
- 1/2 apple, diced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 4 ounces grilled chicken breast, sliced
- 16 shelled pistachio kernels, chopped
- For the creamy dressing
- 6 ounces 0% plain greek yogurt, like Chobani
- 2 Tablespoons mayo, with olive oil, like Best Foods
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- To make the salad dressing:
- Whisk ingredients together in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- To make the salad:
- In a medium-sized bowl combine all ingredients
The creamy dressing recipe yields 8 ounces. For every 2 Tablespoons of dressing, add 2 PP.
The salad is 5 PP.
If the salad dressing is too thick, add one tablespoon of water at a time and whisk until you get the desired consistency.
Have a great day!