After seeing this Rustic Beer Bread from Pampered Chef Consultant – Carol’s Corner from the Foodie Friends Friday Link Up that I co-host. I was itching to try out this recipe.
Of course, I have to put my own spin on almost any recipe. So I started my experiment this morning. I wanted to see if it would work in my clay pot. I just didn’t use the lid. The reason for not using the lid is because using the lid creates steam and I didn’t want steamed bread.
Now rest assured, you can use a regular loaf pan, or the stoneware like the one in the Pampered Chef recipe. NOTE: I did not spray my clay pot with non stick spray. Please remember to do this!
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt
- Stir the beer and honey into the dry ingredients until just mixed.
- (I recommend microwaving the honey for a few seconds beforehand to make it easier to stir in!)
- Spoon the batter into the pan, and pour the butter on top of the batter.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 60 minutes
This was the easiest and most delicious bread ever. Just remember, spray the bottom of the pan or grease it. Mine ended up sticking in the clay pot.
Have a great day,