Sundays are always a hectic day around here. The hubby and I are usually running errands together. We always go out to lunch on Sundays. Afterwards he leaves for the golf course and I go to the grocery store, and then come home and cook or bake something or both.
I bought some berries for a weeknight fruit salad. Sometimes we just need simple. Since I have been in a baking mood, I decided to make some strawberry muffins.
I love to use yogurt as much as I can. Chobani was a great addition to the recipe. After I scooped the dough into the muffin liners I added one slice of strawberry on top of each one.
- 1 3/4 cups of organic whole grain pastry flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Plain Chobani yogurt
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup roughly chopped strawberries
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, egg and melted butter then add to dry ingredients.
- Use a spatula or spoon to stir until just combined.
- Fold in strawberries.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full then bake for about 15 minutes until golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted into the center of muffins comes out clean.
3 PP per muffin
These were moist and delicious and tastes great with a cup of tea.
Have a great week.