I have been on a baking kick lately. Well it’s a must around the holidays, isn’t it. And after all, I need to test cookie recipes before I decide to give them as gifts or swap them at a cookie exchange.
Today I was looking to bake something that is as simple as 1,2,3. Presto change-o and I found this three-ingredient peanut butter cookie recipe at Megan’s Cooking and I knew that I could whip these up rather quickly. I decided to try baking with Splenda sugar blend. I will tell you these were excellent.
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ½ cup Splenda sugar blend
- 1 egg
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients until well blended.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour so the dough can firm up.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Roll the dough into balls,( about .7 ounces of dough will get you 24 cookies). It’s a little short of 1 inch.
- Roll each ball into the sugar. Please on cookie sheet about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Immediately remove from baking sheet and onto a cookie rack to cool. If you don’t remove immediately, they will continue to bake and get a bit hard and crispy on the bottom.
Are you a cookie monster like me? I have so many favorites that I can’t even begin to choose. But I can tell you this. Anything as easy as 1,2,3, is number one in my book,
Have a great day,