There isn’t always a story to tell. But for this post, the story goes like this. I was short on time yesterday and I was already an hour behind in getting my pork tenderloin prepared for the slow cooker. I threw it in the slow cooker and added cardamom, soy sauce, and a few other ingredients and turned on the slow cooker. As it was cooking, I wasn’t enjoying the aroma that was coming from the cardamom. So I was worried that it was going to bomb. Well, technically, it didn’t bomb. It was moist and tender, but the flavor didn’t wow me. And my pictures, well they sucked. So disappointing The good news is the cauliflower Gratin that I made was fantastic.
- 1 head cauliflower florets
- 1 1/2 cups 2% milk, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup panko, mixed with 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup lite mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat broiler.
- In an ovenproof skillet, bring cauliflower, 1 1/4 cups milk and salt to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until the cauliflower is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine panko, cayenne pepper, 1/4 cup cheese and oil in a small bowl.
- Whisk flour and the remaining 1/4 cup milk in another small bowl until smooth; stir the mixture into the pan and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the remaining 1/2 cup cheese, chives, and pepper.
- Sprinkle with the breadcrumb mixture. Broil until the top is crispy and beginning to brown, about 1 to 2 minutes
3 PP per serving
.I will definitely be making this again, but I am going to mash the cauliflower add the toppings and broil it. Yum!
Have a great day!