Did you know that you can make cookies with Bisquick? I never heard of that before, so I had to give it a try.
I found the recipe on the Betty Crocker website. I know that there is nothing healthy about a cookie. We do splurge now and then and making them yourself is a thousand times better than a store-bought packaged cookies. And besides, the boys LOVE chocolate chip cookies.
The original recipe makes 24 cookies. By making them a bit smaller, I made 58 cookies. So, go ahead and have two. You know you want to.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cups Bisquick Heart Smart® mix
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (6 oz)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Beat in vanilla and egg.
- Add Bisquick mix; beat on low speed until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Onto ungreased cookie sheets, drop dough by ½ tablespoon full about 1 inch apart.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set on edges and golden brown
Tis the season to be baking. Take two, package them up and give them to someone else. I satisfied my craving for chocolate chip cookies, made the boys happy and then got rid of the rest and made someone else happy.
By the way, I suggest to make these Bisquick Chocolate Chip Cookies. You will be glad you did.