Oh why oh why to I love dessert so much? I have been a huge fan of crème brule’. There is something about that caramelized sugar on top that just melts in your mouth. I always wanted to make one at home, but I never had a brule’ torch. It’s been on my wish list for a while. I think I felt like I shouldn’t buy one just to make creme’ brule’.
Thanks to Sur La Table and Food Buzz, I now am the proud owner of a brule’ torch.
I concocted a brule’ using my absolute favorite Greek yogurt, Chobani. Now I don’t have the guilt of the extra calories in a creme’ brule’. I can just make a Yogurt Brule’ instead.
- 6 ounces [url href=”http://www.chobani.com”]Chobani[/url], plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 ounce granola (I used Kashi Go Lean)
- Several of your favorite berries, I used blueberries
- In a small custard bowl, place a layer of blueberries on the bottom
- Add the yogurt.
- Add a layer of sugar to the top of half the yogurt.
- Using the brule’ torch, burn the sugar until in caramelizes.
- Add the granola and berries to the other half.
4 PP per serving
Devour. This is so great! If you are a creme’ brule’ lover, you will love the decrease in PP from 9 to 4.
I am afraid I created another addiction.