Thank goodness that Thanksgiving is now behind us I am sure all you will be starting to decorate and prepare your homes for Christmas, or Hanukkah or Kwanzaa or whatever cultural holiday you celebrate. that is exactly what we did. And it’s always great to get into the spirit and partake in these family memories with some appetizers and libations.
The hubby and I turned on our Christmas music. I set up a small table of healthy snacks and we opened a bottle of champagne and decorated the house together.
This year the snack table had a lighter version of the classic Spinach and Artichoke Dip with assorted veggies.
- 2 cups Chobani plain yogurt
- 16 ounces ⅓ less fat cream cheese, softened
- 24 ounces frozen chopped spinach thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 can artichoke hearts, coarsly chopped
- 1 Tablespoon onion flakes
- ½ teaspoon dried chives
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Combine yogurt and cream cheese in food processor or mixer until smooth. .
- Stir in onion, parsley, garlic, chives black pepper and smoked paprika.
- Transfer to your serving bowl.
- Stir in spinach and artichokes. Chill for several hours before serving.
- Serve with vegetable dippers.
Cheers to the Holidays!