There just are some days when one pot cooking is a life saver. I love creating the “mess” but I don’t love cleaning tons of pots and pans. Hey, aren’t your kids supposed to do the dishes for you anyway? Oh yeah, they are NEVER home. The eat and leave, or sleep and eat and leave. No really, I love all of them bunches.
But since I am the cooker and the cleaner, it’s definitely great to come up with a way to make something as time-consuming as lasagna in a skillet. It’s a win-win recipe. Save time and less mess.
I hope you like this one as much as everyone here did. It is super cheesy and delicious too. You can omit the ground beef, or change it up with ground chicken or turkey. Either way, it’s super easy to make.
Easy Cheesy Skillet Lasagna
- 8 ounces 90/10 ground beef
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 11/2 cups tomato sauce
- 3 basil leaves, chopped
- sea salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup part skim mozzarella cheese , shredded
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 6 ounces “no boil” lasagna noodles, broken into thirds
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, brown the beef.
- Add onions and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook until garlic is fragrant, about one minute.
- Add the no boil noodles to skillet and stir into the mixture well .
- Add in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil, salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer mixture about 15 minutes.
- Add scoops of ricotta cheese over the noodles; add in mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Stir in parsley. Cook about 5 more minutes, or until mixture is thick.
- Serve immediately with additional basil or parsley, if desired.
7 PP Per serving
I hope you enjoy making this Easy Cheesy Skillet Lasagna.
Now it’s the day before Thanksgiving and I am in charge of bringing appetizers and dessert. Let’s hope I don’t screw them up.