There is something about the French that is so sexy. The accent being the first reason. Now I have never had the pleasure to travel to France, but they say the country is beautiful and romantic.
Their cuisine brings on that same savoir-faire. So haute cuisine! See and you didn’t think I knew how to speak, err, write in French.
Beef Bourguignon means beef braised in burgundy wine. Doesn’t that sound so robust and full of flavor. And funny as this may sound, sexy in a romantic kind of way.
- 2 lbs strip steak, cubed
- 1/3 cup flour or Wondra
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2 cups dry red wine, like cabernet, or burgandy
- 1 cup beef stock, or broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- kosher salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 fresh parsley, chopped
- Mix the flour, salt, and pepper. Dredge beef in flour.
- In a skillet placed on medium-high heat, heat oil and sear beef on all sides.
- Transfer the beef and remaining ingredients to your slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on Low for 4-6 hours or on High for 2-3 hours.
9 PP per serving
The beef was so tender that no knives were used in the consumption of this meal. The hubby loved it. Have a great day.