Ever since I met Chrsti from Cook What You Got, I started thinking more about the food I already had in the fridge, freezer and or pantry when choosing what to cook, or bake.
Which leads me to this unique recipe. The hubby bought a package of English muffins and I had some bacon that I needed to use before the expiration date so came up with this simple but fun breakfast sandwich.
Don’t worry. You can have it for lunch, dinner or even a snack if you want. It’s that good.
- 1 English muffin, split
- 1/2 Tablespoon butter
- 2 slices cooked center cut bacon, cut in half
- 1 slice of your favorite reduced fat cheese, or one Laughing Cow wedge.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet or griddle over medium-low heat.
- Lightly spread the inside of each English muffin half with butter.
- Arrange the muffins nooks and crannies side down.
- Place a cheese slice and your bacon on top of one split muffin and top it with the other split.
- Cook, turning once or twice, until the cheese is melted and the muffins are golden-brown,.
7 PP per serving
So get your bacon sizzlin and make one of these sandwiches stat.
Have a great Day.