How many of you have heard that iHop adds pancake batter to their omelets? I guess for some people that’s not so good. But it makes the omelets fluffier. I wanted to try it to see what it tasted like. (I never had an omelet at ihop). So I surfed the web and found this recipe, but it was written in Polish. Thanks to Google Chrome I had it translated.
It serves two, but you will want to eat the whole thing yourself. I am not saying that I ate the whole thing. I am just saying that you will want to. You be the judge. Make it and let me know if you were able to resist sharing it or not.
- 1 large egg and 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup of white whole wheat flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- your favorite berries
- Extra Honey for the top
- Heat the oven to 275
- In a small bowl whisk one egg white until it is white and peaky.
- In a separate bowl, mix the other whole egg, flour, salt, honey, and vanilla then whisk in the warm milk .
- Gently fold the egg white into the batter with a metal spoon.
- In an oven proof pan, on medium high heat melt the butter.
- Pour the batter in and cook for a few minutes until it starts to set at the very edge
- Sprinkle some fruit on top.
- Transfer to the hot oven for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Drizzle with honey and share.
Well, were you able to share this or not?