I am getting so excited for the Food Buzz Fest this weekend. I will blog about it when I return, but will not blog while I am at the event. In preparation for being gone, I decided to make a soup that can be reheated for the boys.
This is a takeoff from the traditional Pasta Fagoli soup, which translates into pasta with beans.
6 PP per serving
- 2 Sicilian Chicken sausages, removed from the casing
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup uncooked mini penne
- 2 cups coarsely chopped zucchini (about 2 small zucchini)
- 2 cups V8 Juice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- a splash of tabasco sauce (if you like it spicy)
- 1 (10-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 ounces shredded Asiago cheese
Heat a large saucepan over high heat.
Add sausage; cook 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
Add broth and pasta; bring to a boil.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 4 minutes.
Add zucchini and V8; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 4 minutes. Add tabasco sauce (optional)
Stir in basil, oregano, and beans; cover and simmer for 2 minutes or until pasta and zucchini are tender.
Sprinkle with cheese.
Now if the weather would cooperate with my cooking, everyone will be shouting, SOUPS ON!
Oh I served it with home made country white bread.