Today happens to be National Dessert Day, now that’s a great reason to have my dessert.
One of best parts of any meal is dessert. Cakes, cookies, ice creams, pies: you name it. Hey you can even top strawberries with cream and you have – you guessed it – dessert.
So take out your cake pans, and prepare your favorite, or mine, and you too, can celebrate a national holiday that is very dear to my heart.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 2 cups unbleached white flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup 2% milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 4 ounces chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir in the milk, eggs, vanilla and butter. Beat together until well blended. Add in the chocolate chips.
- This batter will be thick.
- Pour into loaf pan sprayed with non –stick spray and bake for 40 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack for about 10 minutes
So go out and have your cake, and eat it too!